Saturday, October 4, 2008

Yard Woes

So, if I were to do it all over, I would have bought a townhouse with no yard. OK, maybe not. But I am dreading putting in our back yard. For one, it is pretty big. Which is what I liked about the area, big lots. I won't feel like our neighbors are staring in our windows 24/7. But this yard is going to be a nightmare. It is not flat, much to our dismay. When we looked at the lots, they all looked flat, but once they put in the foundation, we realized how high up our house would be from our yard. I guess builders like to be over cautious about flooding. Anyway, so that means we have to put in a retaining wall. If we could wait and do it over time, that would be awesome, because we do have a front yard, but we have a dog. And it is pretty lame to have to let him out every two hours or so. I feel like I need to set a timer, like I'm potty training a kid. Anyway, we're also in a fight with our builder to finish the grading of the back yard. It's been a month, and it's still not done. And I'm pretty sure our sunny weekends are over, so woe is me.

3 comments:

The Wood Monkeys said...

Dang it!! Hope the builder pulls through--I have heard from my friends that it is a wonder that homes ever even get built--after all, men are running the whole program!

Jana said...

I feel for you. We have been in our house for 2 1/2 years and still have not back yard. Maybe that is why we don't have a dog. :)

Becca's Blog said...

WOW, you really do live out in the middle of nowhere...there is nothing behind your house! Good luck with the yard.