Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spokes for Hope - 50 miles

Spokes for Hope in St. George was my first official road bike race - and it was a great one! I couldn't have asked for better weather and it was a women only race - which was so nice. I would say only about 50 people rode, so it was nice and small. The roads were so quiet that morning. It really, really, really made me wished I lived in St. George!!


I'm smiling at the finish - barely. I definitely hit a wall around mile 45 (or as cyclists call it - bonked). The last five miles was the longest five miles of my life. My shoulders hurt and my knee ached a little, but I felt so great afterwards! Brian got in his mountain bike ride and then watched me finish. It was an awesome weekend!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Great job, Rachel! It would be so fun to ride together sometime. We should set it up!

Lindsay Kay said...

You are absolutely amazing! Matt's aunt also did the red riding hood race - she said it was tonz of fun too! Congrats on accomplishing all you set out to do!