Saturday, May 29, 2010

Daybreak Triathlon

The Daybreak Triathlon could have been an awesome event, if the weather had cooperated!!! A storm blew in the night before and dropped the temperature into the 40's. That is not outdoor swimming weather! The water temperature of Daybreak lake was reported to be about 57. All I can say is it felt like I was swimming in ICE water! I could not catch my breath and I could barely put my face in the water without inhaling it. When I got done with the swim my feet were numb, and I did not regain feeling until I finished the run! It was FREEZING! We were really lucky that it didn't actually rain on us. The bike and the run were a piece of cake. I thought, hey, maybe I should have done the Olympic distance, but then I thought, no, you couldn't pay me to do that swim again!!!

No comments: