Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Half Marathon/Bike Tour


So, Brian and I have been training to participate in the half marathon coming up on April 18th. Well, I should say, I've been training, Brian's been along for the ride. I've dedicated myself to a strict training schedule, while Brian goes when he can, and comes along for the 10 mile runs on Saturdays (Men!). The runs have gotten brutal. This week I'm doing 8 miles w/sprints, 7 miles w/sprints, 6 miles and 10 miles. Next week I taper off and hope I can make it through 13 miles at the race on Saturday.

Brian is still undecided as to whether he will run the half marathon with me (I shouldn't say with me - he won't actually run with me - he has to see how fast he can do it (men!)) or if he will ride in the bike tour (bikers get to ride the marathon route before the marathon begins - a good opportunity because they close all the roads).

But, this could be Brian. No bike. His broke. Or I should say it had a run in with the top of our garage while we were pulling the car in. So, he's trying to get another. But in these hard times, this could be him for the rest of the year (just kidding, hun!). I think he'd rather put the house up for sale than be without a bike.

5 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

Seriously, men have it so easy in so many ways. Good luck with your half marathon!

Lindsay Kay said...

Good luck babe! My sister-in-law is running as well! You guys are crazy but dedicated!

Holfeltz Family said...

Rock! I'm so envious of your running abilities. One of these days I will run a race with you. It's on my bucket list. Please post some pic of you in the race. Good Luck!

Jana said...

Good luck with the half. You will have to let me know how it goes. I am just starting my training to run the Disneyland half in September. I have never run that far before and hope I can do it!!

Hope it goes well for you.

Becky said...

Good luck on your race tomorrow! Sounds like you had a pretty intense training schedule. I'll have to get some pointers --I think we're going to try the Hobblecreek Half. Have fun!