Saturday, April 18, 2009

Despite being as sick as I have ever been the week up to the race, I finished! I'm pretty sure I had the swine flu (if it is as bad as the media makes it out to be) because I was practically on my death bed. It was touch and go right up to the minute the race started, but I decided to just do it. I loaded up on cold and cough medicine, shot blocks and Accelorade. The first half of the race was awesome (mostly downhill and overcast). The second half was fine, but I was coughing a bit more, and feeling a little tired. But I pushed through and made it to the end. My time was 2:20. Ten minutes slower than I would have liked to do it in, but good enough considering. Hopefully I can do another one this summer, without the Swine Flu. Brian did the bike race (of course). He froze, but said it was awesome.

2 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

Wow. You are an inspiration. Swine Flu and all!

Lindsay Kay said...

You're amazing! OR crazy.:)