Wednesday, August 20, 2008

300 Warriors

Brian participated in the 300 Warriors bike race last Saturday. Here's a little blurb about the race:

"On the fourth and most demanding day in "America's toughest stage race," 300 citizen warriors will precede the professional teams by 4 hours. Their goal: ride 98 miles and scale 14,778 vertical feet, a feat representing over 28% of the horizontal distance and almost half the climbing in the five-day Tour of Utah stage race. Finishing this ride is the equivalent to riding the Tour de France’s Col de la Croix de Fer, Col du Télégraphe, Col du Galibier and Alpe d’Huez."

He finished it in about seven hours and said he burned about 6,000 calories! He also said it was the hardest thing he's ever done. We're so proud of him!!!

This map is hard to read, but basically the race started in Park City, then they went over to Kamas, back through Heber and Midway, then to the Alpine Loop, Traverse Mountain and up to Snowbird. If you've ever driven to Snowbird, you know how steep it is. Imagine biking up it after you've already biked 90 miles! Obviously, I have no comprehension of doing anything like it.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow!! I didn't know he was into biking! That is cool

Anonymous said...

Brian your my hero! Driving that far makes me tired.

Holfeltz Family said...

Brian, that is so completely amazing! Congradulaitons! I hope you and Rock are still on for the Dino Tri next year! I know I didn't want to do it again but that didn't last for long. You should do the Olympic distance next year! You already have the bike part beat!

Amy Powell said...

Way to go B! I'm totally impressed, and I do remeber how steep the mountain is to solitair..you made me run up it & I'm pretty sure you made me puke. Thanks! Just teasing. Congrats though, that's a huge accomplishment!