Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dino Tri!

Me, Brian and our friend Jacque participated in the Dino Triathlon in Vernal yesterday. It was awesome! We did the sprint distance, so the swim was 800 meters, the bike was 13 miles and the run was 3 miles. I did it in just under two hours. Brian decided to be a hero and do the Olympic bike distance - 26 miles (J/K - he took a wrong turn). But he only finished a little after I did. The swim was insanely cold, but the bike and run were sweet. I'm glad I did it and I just may be up for another one. We'll see!

6 comments:

Jana said...

Wow!! That is awesome.

Now you can hold it over Brian's head that you beat him. :)

Lindsay Kay said...

Holy crap! You guys are amazing! I can't even jog down the street let alone swim, bike, and then run! Good for you!

Kacie said...

I was wondering how this went....I even emailed jacque today to find out how it was. Looks fun, but ya'll are crazy to swim in the lake.

Marissa said...

That's really awesome. I think you've inspired me. I want to do one now. Next year... when I'm not prego!

Tricia said...

That is really cool!! Nigel beat me in our 5K and he was pushing 2 kids. Sad!!

Becky said...

Congrats! That's amazing! Yeah - it'd be great if you lived closer...we could be running buddies.